Tuesday 17 April 2012

RED DESERT

















Il Deserto Rosso is an Italian film made in 1964 by Michelangelo Antonioni.
My favourite gurl Monica Vitti is the star which is even more reason that I need to see this film asap.
The films about the woman hiding her mental illness from her husband while also struggling to survive in the modern world full of existentialism and pessimism.
OK kewl sounds a bit like my type of film.

Anyway what really draws me to the film is the amazing amazing amazing cinematography which I see in these screen shots. Pastel colours, fogginess, red, industrial areas.
Each screenshot looks like a work of art.
Not to mention the fact that Monica's outfits are just as amazing, I think I am an Italian reincarnated.
I love her woollen blacks paired simply with the gold chain, her black cardigan with cream shirt and usually shoes from this time period make me cringe a little but I love the shoes which she wears in the film.
Must go and find this film!!



No comments:

Post a Comment